Thanks and Giving Season is here! Thanks for being a Giver for #GivingTuesday
Thanks and Giving Season is here. It typically starts in November and goes to December. Giving and receiving, in some form, are daily occurrences.
However, Thanks and Giving Season is a little different.
Giving season is especially important for 501(c)3 nonprofits. Some organizations only do one yearly fundraising appeal for #GivingTuesday .
What’s #GivingTuesday ?
It’s a global movement for generosity that started in 2012. It reminds individuals and organizations to do good and support their local community or organization through giving, and in 2021, it is on Tuesday, November 30th.
If you have:
- received benefits from all of the blog articles I have written since February 2019, and they bring value to you
- landed a job or a client through networking in our organization
- participated in any of our free workshops
I would be delighted if you would participate in the only fundraising campaign of the year for The Great Careers Group (legally filed as Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group as a 501(c)3).
Your donation is tax-deductible, and you will get an immediate receipt from our 501(c)3. Every dollar adds up to make a difference so we can continue to create impact. https://givebutter.com/gcg2021
Read some of our success stories!
Since nonprofits have been hit with fundraising challenges for in-person events during the pandemic, see how you can give time or talent if you can’t give treasure. Some refer to this trio of words as work, or wisdom, or wealth.
Other than giving season, we all participate in daily giving and receiving occurrences with family, friends, co-workers, strangers, pets, and even to ourselves in the form of self-care.
Here are ten ways you can be a giver with your LinkedIn network.
- Share a post or an article with helpful training tips or links like this one for online learning
- Share a video with useful training tips
- Comment on a post for a job seeker who is seeking their next success story
- Comment on a post of someone hiring, so the notification goes out in your network
- Engage in informational interviews with job seekers
- Refer a client to someone
- Make an introduction for a job seeker or a client seeker
- Endorse people in their skills and endorsements section
- Give people a recommendation
- Make a matching gift through your company’s program
Thanks for being a giver.
- Subscribe to my newsletter on LinkedIn for bright ideas to manage your career.
- Join as a member at https://greatcareersphl.org/membership of the #1 business networking association on the Philadelphia Business Journal’s Book of Lists.
- Register on links on the events page for these upcoming online events.
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, that provides online career education and networking, running up to 50 events per month for anyone, anywhere.
Explore the benefits of membership!
Lynne also writes for vista.today, montco.today, delco.today and bucksco.today. You can see other topics she writes about on this Google Doc.