How do you set up a profile on LinkedIn? It’s easy. Start with going to https://www.linkedIn.com and just begin.
With over 722+ million people on LinkedIn as part of the world’s largest business networking platform, many people are still not on it, so it’s time to jump on board.
Click here for some screenshots and step-by-step instructions of a recent profile set up (with private information blacked out).
Even though it is very intuitive and you read and follow the prompts provided, many people are still intimidated by the platform because they don’t know what they don’t know.
There are a few solutions for that so you can get LinkedIn and not be left out.
- Ask Google, “How do I set up a LinkedIn profile?”
- Search on YouTube
- Search on meetup and Eventbrite
- Join me at the monthly LinkedIn workshops on Zoom (limited to 100) on a Saturday from 10 AM to 1 PM. Believe it or not, the three hour workshops are free to you as a library patron, sponsored by the Friends of the Chester County Library. LinkedIn Part 3 is on Nov 28th, Part 1 on Dec 5th, Part 2 on Jan 16th, and then every third Sat after that in 2021. Click here to register.
Upcoming November Online Zoom Events
Register per the instructions on the website. Join our meetup (see step one of this Google doc). To attend the speaker meetings for free for a year, become a Bronze or BENG member. Your membership or sponsorship supports our nonprofit to help job seekers in career transition and self-employed and employed with career management. Consider sponsoring a job seeker in need and help pay it forward!
- 11/16 Career Success Group
- 11/16 Virtual Job Seeker Support Meeting
- 11/16 Business Executives Networking Group (BENG) Meeting
- 11/17 Your Networking Toolbox
- 11/17 Lehigh Valley Business Executives Networking Group
- 11/18 PowerThinking Resiliency Building Call
- 11/18 Job Market Outlook, Hiring and Onboarding
- 11/18 Business Executives Networking Group (BENG) Meeting
- 11/19 Q & A on Careers In Nonprofits
- 11/19 Optimizing Your Resume
- 11/19 Business Executives Networking Group (BENG) Meeting
- 11/19 Beating the Applicant Tracking System
- 11/20 Blogging to Tell Your Story
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit that provides career education and networking. Lynne also writes for vista.today, montco.today, and delco.today.